Monday, May 24, 2010

IF:Early

Oh, Illustration Friday, how I've missed you!  The theme this week is "early."  Click on the image for a better look.  And here's a better detail for good measure:
I'm in the final push to get ready for my show.  Happily, it seems (not to jinx myself here) to be coinciding with the second trimester "burst of energy" I've been hearing so much about.  Pretty sweet timing, if you ask me.  There's a lot happening on my work table: 
This newest painting is becoming a sort of tribute to my stepdad, who is currently deeply engaged in his second annual chipmunk relocation program:
Here's a peek at all three paintings that will make up this little series:
So you can get an idea of where I'm going with this:)

8 comments:

Mr. Spoqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Piroska said...

Lovely illustration friday! Sweetly Victorian and slightly disturbing at the same time.

AG Fabrega said...

Nicely drawn, interesting take on the theme.

Art by Katalin said...

how nice!! wonderful line work and concept!
wish you the best for your show!:)

ArtSparker said...

That's gorgeous, hysterically, quietly funny.

Artoholic said...

Very Jane Austen in it's sensibilites! What a great take on IF's subject.

Off to look ay more of your gorgeous blog now,

Cheers,

Cindy

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Words A Day said...

Hi! Love the sequence of three, the way the the tunnells are sperm like in form, in the earth/womb - a lovely metaphor.