Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Little Bits of Progress, Little Insecurities

Today I started mounting my little sparrow series on panels:Conceptually, I'm not entirely sure what they're about yet, but they strike a chord with me so I know that they're about something.  The house imagery on the panels is a form I borrowed from an older series that I created in 2007.  Ah ha!  I just figured out what these are about.  I'll let you interpret them in your own way though.

I also finished these two paintings over the last few days:
I've been suffering from a teensy little bout of insecurity.  This sometimes happens to me when I go a few months without a painting sale or a new commission.  I'm also getting nervous for my upcoming show.  How will the work be received?!  What if I don't sell a single piece?!  Ugh.  These are things I don't like to worry about.  But it would be disingenuous for me to pretend that I don't think about them, or that they don't matter;)

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Wow, what a cool way to frame. The afternoon series is lovely.

Nicole said...

I really like the floral design elements of the background -- great use of color and shape, but not at all too distracting from the subject.