Well, I tried. I painted all day and into the evening until three things happened: 1) This piece finally began to take shape in a really dreamy way, 2) I realized that in order to make it great I need a few more days (as opposed to the few more hours I had allotted, and 3) I couldn't see anymore (love that mental exhaustion!).
Instead of stressing out I gave myself a pat on the back for working so so so so so so hard this week. It does smart a little bit, because I have two huge pieces and two small pieces that are almost done, and I really wanted to finish them for my library show. But I did as much as I possibly could, and I made tremendous headway. I also have 16 other pieces ready to hang--including two new guys. So I feel good and ready to share my work with the community. Which is, after all, the point of all of these shenanigans.