Sunday, April 27, 2008

On Friday I found these little drawings made by kids at the Watertown Children's Theater School Vacation Program.  They're tiny little replicas of my paintings!  I saved them before they got thrown away.  The kids in the WCT program made art, music and plays last week inspired by the art in the Arsenal Center Faculty and Resident Show.  I wish I had been around to hear the kids' interpretations of the work, because I can tell from these little drawings that the kids were looking very carefully!  

I was working with middle schoolers at the Arlington Center for the Arts last week, making these glitter and rice paintings inspired by Tibetan sand mandalas.  I was really proud of this group of kids--they were focused, easy-going and supportive of each other.  Huzzah!

I got further on this piece over the weekend.  I'm hoping, hoping, hoping to finish it by the end of the week so that I can include it in my show at the Weston Public Library.  I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off, but I'm ready to give it a go!  I'll post an update tomorrow night.

No comments: