Monday, April 28, 2008

I Will Not Frenzy!

It is wet, wet, wet today!  And cold.  Blech!  Every time that I get ready to transport my paintings somewhere it rains cats and dogs.  I am not even kidding.  My January show at the Belmont Gallery of Art was called Strange Rain, which turned out to be rather uncanny.  It poured the day I installed them, it poured the night of the opening, it poured the day I deinstalled them.  I don't think they like to be moved.

Tonight I worked in my studio until 9pm, after teaching most of the day.  Here's where I got with this piece:


The magnolias are starting to become a kind of pink frenzy, which is just what I was hoping for. But while I will allow my magnolias go berzerk, I staunchly refuse to enter into a pre-show frenzy myself.  I am breathing deeply, I am calm, and I am at one with the fact that I cannot clone myself.  So I am sanely, steadily, serenely going to buckle down and get this bad boy finished by Thursday night!  

No comments: