Thursday, June 19, 2008

I promise to resume my usual, more abundant posting as soon as I finish unpacking and get all of the loose bits of my life under control.  But for now, here's what I've been up to in the studio this week:
On Tuesday I struggled with this tiny figure for hours and hours before I decided (after a little mini crit. with Debthat her presence in the painting is 1)conceptually redundant and 2) compositionally icky.  So I scrubbed her out again:

I really liked the little figure though, so I'll save her for another painting.  

Wednesday I made this new cut-out moth that I'm planning to sew onto the painting.  I was originally planning to use a different moth that is featured in some earlier posts, but after a whole lot of staring and contemplating, and staring some more, I decided I wanted a more luminous one, with folded wings.  I'm planning on making him some little legs and antennae.

And today I added some more little bits of human debris:

Overall, it's been a week of fussy tweaking.  And a lot of interruptions!  

No comments: