Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I've finally finished the inside of this piece.
The outside is still in progress, but I've sketched in the basic idea.
My latest crazy nesting project has been a merciless attack on my home workspace.  In the two years that we've lived here, this little corner has functioned primarily as a sort of office supply and paperwork wasteland.  And of course the place from whence I blog;)  With a tiny baby well on his way (he's technically viable this week!), I've decided to make my home office corner more conducive to art-making.  It's really nice to plunk down and just start painting in the little bits of time that I manage to scavenge before going to work in the morning, while dinner is roasting in the oven, after I brush my teeth at night.  And maybe, come November, between feedings?  

2 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Ahhhh!!! AHHH !!!! your going to have a baby!!!!!Oh my gosh- you are doing exactly what I did- ahhhhh 16 years ago- trying to eck out a little space- thinking about keeping your " artistic juices flowing" in motherhood- good for you- always keep a corner of your life for art and writing!
oh and your mini painting is wonderful too!

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Thank you Julia! You're one of the mom artist/bloggers I look to for inspiration when it comes to mom/art balance:)