Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yesterday I got my creative juices flowing with a walk through the Arsenal Center for the Arts Nature in Balance Exhibit.  It's all right outside my studio door.  Here are my two favorites:
Yuya Shiratori, RE: Project

Nicole Colella, Hanging Pods

Feeling inspired, I promptly quasi-destroyed a painting:
Oops.

I felt like it wasn't quite working, so I cut a strip from one side.  And then a little more.  And then I regretted it.  Sort of like a jalapeno pepper in curried beef stew.  (By the way, adding a little half & half to the stew effectively kills the spice.)  So I decided to sew the painting back together, a task which has occupied me for the past two days:


And voila!  DONE.  

1 comment:

yuya said...

thanks for sharing your inspiration with me and Nicole!!!

if you go my website, you could see my new works so,,, please check them out if you have time.

thanks,

Yuya Shiratori