Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Am So Rumbly in My Tumbly

But while Pooh Bear's tumbly rumbles for honey, mine rumbles for studio time.  :( 

I'm teaching a LOT this summer.  A LOT.  And although I'm having a wonderful time with the kids, I intensely miss my long stretches of focused painting time.  I did, however, get a chance to make this quasi-sinister guy this week:
And I started this guy today:

The house is based on this house: I find myself painting directly from my computer with increasing frequency.

I also started this guy last week, but I felt like the composition was too dead and boring.  I'll keep this and see what I can turn it into.  The chickadee piece is my take two of this first attempt:
Yesterday afternoon, in a moment of extreme obsessive compulsion, I spent two (*cough* unpaid) hours creating this puppet theater for my puppet-making class at the Arsenal Center.  Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot of unpaid time preparing for my classes, but this was a bit over-the-top.  Especially, since I was feeling very cranky for lack of painting, AND I was working in the room directly next to my studio.  But the kids in my class are REALLY cute and REALLY excited about performing with their puppets in an end-of-week show.  So I made this for them:My students painted it today, but I forgot to take a picture.  I'll get one tomorrow.

No comments: