I finished this guy. I really like him and the evil deeds he is obviously plotting.
I started this sassy, Spiderman-inspired Cardinal.
And played around with the arrangement of this series of six.
My original intention was to make a series of nine. But like so many of my artistic exploits, It appears that I have aimed impossibly, ridiculously high, given my current time constraints. I need to get these guys to the framer asap so they will be ready for my August/September show, so for now they remain a series of six.
I know that I got a few hours of studio time in this week, too, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I squeezed it in....aha! It was Monday, between my day of teaching and my nighttime private lesson. Yes. On Monday I finished another bird egg portrait and started a new one. I didn't have my camera with me though.
Today I also went to Home Depot and bought some molding that I'm going to try cutting up to make tiny shelves for my bird egg portraits to sit on. We'll see how it works! Even if it fails, it's a good excuse to hang out at my dad's house and use his mitre saw.
I have next week off from teaching, so I will have oodles of studio time, and many, many more things to share! Huzzah.