Thursday, March 18, 2010

Illustration Friday: Subterranean

Here's my submission to this week's Illustration Friday theme, "subterranean."  I found this theme to be quite convenient, since I'd already sketched out some preliminary drawings for a series of burrow paintings a few weeks ago.  The photo above is a bit blurry.  Luckily I also took some detail shots so you can get a better look:
That pebbly sort of pattern there is inspired by the pattern on this quilt that was made by my great, great grandmother:

I also bought 21 new 5" x 5" wood panels today.  I've become addicted to making tiny things.  It warms my heart to look at them–whole stacks of possibility.

9 comments:

ArtSparker said...

The rabbit is just lovely, the way it is folded into the space.

Jessica said...

I love it! One of my favorites this week.

Maria Bogade said...

Wonderful! Love all the details and colours! Beautiful composition too! Emphasizes the world underneath just beautifully!

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Thank you for such kind comments:)

newgiraffecity said...

Very nice - love the style, colour and detail.

Marcus Mientus said...

wow! you are doing some fantastic work. i visited your homepage and i am very impressed and inspired by your art!
thank you for stopping by and the nice comment.


http://krickelkrakel.wordpress.com

Donna said...

What a great painting.

Susan said...

This is beautiful, amazing colors and detail!

Susan said...

This is amazing, such wonderful color and detail!