Friday, March 12, 2010

Funkadelic Geese and a Squirrel Makeover

Part of the reason why I like this newest painting so much is that I get the impression that these geese are marching in time to some '70s Funk.  Wonka-chicka, wonka-chicka.  Do you hear the funky beats?The squirrel painting got a fairly extreme makeover:My favorite college professor used to say, "If you don't have the composition, you won't have the painting."  And that composition that I made yesterday was blech.  I like this one much better.  And I like this squirrel better too.

It's fun to obsessively rearrange them.

6 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Beautifully rendered.

Julia Kelly said...

wow this is getting better and better- they are great individually but the series is great too!

Susan said...

Hi Kaetlyn, just found your blog and am your new follower! I love your work and your sense of humor. I am also a bird lover (well, animal lover in general too). Your series is very well done, looking forward to your next post!

http://susanbethstudio.blogspot.com/
If you visit my blog, please don't be put off by my last post, I usually don't have such emotionally charged material!

Cheers! Susan

Cobalt Violet said...

These are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am loving this series! Are they going to be for sale eventually?

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Hi Gaia,
they are for sale, and will be for sale at my open studios in April, and at my June show at Three Graces Gallery in Portsmouth NH. I've sold the geese, rabbit ears and foxes already though. But more are coming!

By the way, have you received a moleskine yet? I still haven't seen one since August!

Cheers!
Kaetlyn