Monday, February 1, 2010

Uh Oh.

My husband gave me Adobe Creative Design Suite for Christmas. Best gift EVER. Especially since, even though I'm only part time college faculty, I still qualify for the educational discount. Huzzah! I've been scraping by without Photoshop for years. And now that I have it, along with InDesign and Illustrator, the world is my oyster. With just a couple of clickety-clicks my digital images match my paintings exactly. When I realized that I could easily adjust the hues and vibrancy of individual colors without affecting the whole image I almost fainted. And don't even get me started about how much fun it is to create page layouts.

That's the good news. The bad news is that this morning, as I was rocking out with InDesign, CRASH! Like, a really big crash. The kind of crash where, when you try to reboot you get a flashing folder with a question mark icon instead of a happy little apple (I didn't get a picture of that because I was too busy panicking). The kind of crash where, after you follow all of the trouble shooting steps that should fix the problem in "most cases," you learn that your particular problem falls under the category of "rare and possibly dire cases."

But the other piece of good news is that I'm married to one computer-saavy guy who plans to spend his evening trying to locate my startup disk. Is it just me, or was that last sentence the best unintentional, nerdiest euphemism ever?

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

What can one say other than "Have a good evening".

Julia Kelly said...

Did you get it fixed- just heard on NPR this morning that Apple and Adobe are basically doing a virtual "chicken war" with Adobe Flash that does NOT work on the new Ipad- wonder which will blink first?

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Ha ha! Apple HAS to blink first--at least I'd think they would have to, with the Ipad being a new product of dubious utility....

My new hard drive arrived today:) And my husband, Charley is installing it right now. Good thing I backed up my files!