Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring is in the Air

It has been (and continues to be) a whirlwind couple of weeks.  Charley and I went to Baltimore, where Charley's sister, Ivy, married Bill:And where my shoes got stuck in the mud:

At first glance this might seem like a minor detail, but I view it as 1) a delightful sign that spring is really, truly here.  And 2) proof positive that Ivy should simply be in charge of planning everything for everyone for the rest of all our lives.  Who else could pick out the one tiny window of perfect, golden sunshine amidst a steady downpour of April showers?  I refuse to believe it was luck.
  
I've been stalking the magnolia trees in our neighborhood.

And working at the Arlington Center for the Arts Vacation Arts Program this week:

The kids in my classes make their art with reckless abandon.  I can't wait to carry their energy back into my studio next week. ;)

2 comments:

Cat B said...

How very fabulous and you look gorgeous, as usual!! I will take a snap of our own wee magnolia which is making a valiant showing despite the neighbor having planted something quite exuberant on the other side of the fence which is competing for sunshine and soil! Spring has most definitely arrived.

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Thanks Cat! I'm missing our little studio community terribly! I can't wait to get back to it next week!