Monday, July 12, 2010

  
I'm playing with English (language) idioms in my newest body of tiny works.
Can you guess the idiom?

In other news I've fallen hopelessly in love with a pair of moccasins.  There's an article in the latest (utterly scrumptious) issue of Uppercase Magazine about Katie Kukulka's Darlingtonia Moccasin Company, and about her nifty, old-timey construction process.  In two months I'll have enough "fun budget" saved up to get myself those green and purple "Tiger Lilies."  I'll be seven months pregnant by then, and may  not be able to see them once they're actually on my feet.  But I'll know that they're there just the same;)

3 comments:

Anya said...

Hmmm...does the meaning of your newest work have "no basis in fact"? Personally, I think it's a load of baloney... ;)

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Ooh! I like it! A synonymous idiom....if there is such a thing:) Can a whole phrase be synonymous?

Nicole said...

I really like your tiny show submissions. So nice. I can't help adding personalities to animals -- it's like the Beatrix Potter influence in me never grew up!